Camden, NJ (1999)


Setlist

  1. In The Flesh
  2. The Thin Ice
  3. Another Brick in the Wall, Part I
  4. The Happiest Days of Our Lives
  5. Another Brick in the Wall, Part II
  6. Mother
  7. Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert
  8. Southampton Dock
  9. Pigs on the Wing, Part 1
  10. Dogs
  11. Welcome to the Machine
  12. Wish You Were Here
  13. Shine On You Crazy Diamond, parts I-IV, VI, VII, reprisal of part I

    Intermission

  14. Breathe
  15. Time
  16. Breathe (Reprise)
  17. Great Gig in the Sky (w/out ending vocals)
  18. Money
  19. 5:06 A.M. (Every Stranger's Eyes)
  20. The Powers That Be
  21. What God Wants, Part 1
  22. Perfect Sense, Part 1
  23. Perfect Sense, Part 2
  24. It's A Miracle
  25. Amused to Death
  26. Brain Damage
  27. Eclipse

    Encore

  28. Comfortably Numb

Reviews

miles (Chat Zone 8/12 10:24 AM)

Was absolutely blown away by Rog last night in Camden. I've waited over 12 years to see this man in concert. I've read every set list and disected every piece of information about this tour and I was worried that with the element of surprise gone, I would spend the evening worried about Doyle's voice, or slides vs. video, and not get the full impact of the show. O.K. I was very, very wrong. The show realy exceeded all of my expectations. i enjoyed myself to no end. The venue was suprisingly nice. The band was tight as hell. As everyone else has said Roger's voice is fantastic and he's very animated on stage. The people in the crowd who were twenty-something and drunk and making assholes of themselves were the only downside. Highlights for me were The Thin Ice, The Powers That Be, Money and Perfect Sense. Roger won my wife over after years of us arguing about Floyd ( she really loves Gilmour's voice and the 87 and 94 tours were her idea of " Floyd " ). That to me was the most satisfying part of the show, as " Shine On You Crazy Diamond " was finishing she leaned over to me and said " Chrsit, teh other Floyd never could play with emotion like that, I guess you've been right all along ". I hate to say I told you so but......

Gunner (Chat Zone 8/12 12:51 PM)

FIRST: the height of my anticipation crested as the lights went down. My head very nearly flew off! After tossin' a few back in the parking lot we made our way into the E-Center and onto the lawn. I'm buzzin' around in my White Nike hat with AMUSED! scrawled on the bill. Checking out the layout, and where I want to be stationed. I stood for the entire show. Of course 95% of the lawn, did. The other 5% were still on the dirt when I left. Give 'em oranges, I said.

SECOND: Roger put on a fantastic show. However I often found myself pining for DAVE(???). Doyle just didn't do it for me. None of the piercing notes until CN and then I think it was Andy. Stevie Ray would not have been impressed. Well, enough said.

THIRD: The songs were the right choice to play. He didn't tour ATD so this was what it should be...the reclaimation of the "Pink Floyd" name. He pointed out, via the show, that "Fraud" bastardized some awesome songs! "Money, woo woo..." I heard some chicks singing that "woo woo" part and nearly choked the "woo woo" right out of them. And of course no one near me knew a shit about the solo stuff. Not many in front of me seemed too hip to it either. That was where I felt *my* connection to Roger. I was one of the few to be "vibing" with him, or so it seemed from this head.

Well it was the greatest show on Earth and I enjoyed him(it) thoroughly. Again, I was wearing that hat, and twirling a pink towel in lieu of clapping. Well I was the loudest clapper too! :)~ Anyone recognize me? I yelled out a couple of times for you Collen but no dice...


Go Back.

Site concept is copyright © 1996-2000 Uziel, All rights reserved.
All materials and trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.